Are you finding yourself stressed out way more than you’d like to be? What if we told you there were plenty of simple ways to decrease your stress levels and help you live a more peaceful and organized lifestyle? Well, our Huntington psychologist, Joel Kuppersmith Ph.D. can help you accomplish just that.
Everyday Lifestyle Changes:
With these five lifestyle changes, you may find yourself way less stressed than your current state:
- Eat Well – As random as this may sound, having a healthier diet actually does wonders for your stress levels. Start out by limiting your caffeine and alcohol intake, as they can spike your stress levels.
- Exercise – Exercising improves your mood by releasing endorphins into your body. Exercise also allows you to take your mind off your worries and concentrate on something other than what’s causing you to be stressed. Even if you don’t have a lot of time, going on a 30 minute walk can be enough to help reduce your stress.
- Sleep – Most of us believe that we don’t get enough sleep. Some people claim 6 hours or so is all they need, but try to get 7-8 hours of rest each night. With everything else going on in your life, being sleep deprived does not need to be another factor attributing to your stress.
- Breathe – This is a simple yet extremely effective way to relieve stress. When we are stressed, our breath sometimes grows shortened. Try to sit back and breathe in through your nose for 3 seconds and out through mouth for 5 seconds. Repeat this exercise about 5 times or until you are feeling less stressed.
- Avoid Caffeine- Since it is a stimulant, caffeine will actually increase your stress rather than reduce it. Try to swap your caffeinated drinks for water or herbal tea to reduce your stress.
It is important to remember that being stressed at times is only human and sometimes can be hard to control. However, by following these five simple lifestyle changes, they can help reduce your stress and learn how to manage stressful situations better.
If you believe you need more help managing your stress, our Huntington psychologist can provide you with even more tips to deal with your stress. Additionally, Joel Kuppersmith Ph.D. can help target your stressors and aid your personal situation so that your solution is more effective. Contact us today to get in touch with Joe Kuppersmith Ph.D. to see how he can help you live a more stress free life!
How To Manage Everyday Stress
If you believe you need more help managing your stress, our Huntington psychologist can provide you with even more tips to deal with your stress. Additionally, Joel Kuppersmith Ph.D. can help target your stressors and aid your personal situation so that your solution is more effective.
Joel Kuppersmith PHD