There is no denying that marriage can be extremely complicated. Marital conflict can result due to a series of events that have been poorly handled. Marital issues can fester to the point that stubbornness, pride, anger, and bitterness prevent effective communication and problem solving. If you believe you need help and guidance with your conflict-filled marriage, our marriage counselor in Huntington may be the right fit for you.
- Money: who has the control over the money?
- Kids: disagreeing on how strict you should discipline your kids?
- Sex: are you finding issues regarding intimacy?
- Work: are you or your spouse working too much?
- In-laws: are you not getting along with your in-laws?
- Time Commitments: are you making time for one another?
- Ex-Boyfriends or Girlfriends: does it make you uncomfortable that your spouse is still connected with his/her ex on social media?
- Misunderstanding: have you interpreted something the wrong way or been misunderstood?
- Unrealistic Expectations: are your current expectations too high?
- Stern Talk: has your spouse used sarcastic jabs, in public or private, that made you and your friends uncomfortable?
The Good News:
With the help of our marriage counselor in Huntington, chances are your marriage can be saved! Having marriage issues is more common than you think. Whether you identify with one or all of the reasons stated above, your marriage is not doomed. The following are several ways to strengthen a marriage before it is too late for you and your spouse:
- Respect your partner: make a list of the most endearing qualities that you admire about your partner.
- Communication is key: it is important for you to share important things with your partner.
- Share financial expectations and budgets: try to agree on a budget and strive to live within those limits.
- Give your partner the right amount of space: allow your partner to have time for themselves and their own friends, while still saving special time for you two to spend together.
- Take care of yourself: it is important to invest time in yourself as well as your partner.
How We Can Help:
Our marriage counselor in Huntington, Joel Kuppersmith Ph.D., specializes in marriage counseling and is here to help. He has been serving Huntington for over 30 years, and through his experience, he has helped multiple couples with marital conflict. Contact us today to get the help you and your spouse deserve!
How To Cope With a Marriage Filled With Conflict
Our marriage counselor in Huntington, Joel Kuppersmith Ph.D., specializes in marriage counseling and is here to help. He has been serving Huntington for over 30 years, and through his experience, he has helped multiple couples with marital conflict.
Joel Kuppersmith PHD